9.06.2013

Vegan MoFo Day 6: Honoring the Taco Cleanse with Leftovers



The best thing to happen to food all year is, by far, The Taco Cleanse!  I don't know about you guys, but I know I am guilty of not feeding my family enough tacos.  I feel so much shame at my myself for letting something so important slide.  The only way to rectify this is to START NOW.  Full steam ahead!  No child left behind. 

Lazy Smurf tells us how it all works with this handy chart.  Austin can teach us so much.




Starting this now is convenient since it was leftover "Clean Out the Fridge" night anyway!  Tacos are my favorite way to use up the little bits of leftovers and the produce that is on the verge.  The kids love it!  It's basically a full on buffet.  What kid isn't happy choosing their own foods?

Below are my tacos.  I went with brown rice, black beans, marinated mushrooms, caramelized onions and Tofutti Guacamole Sour Cream.  I felt better instantly!  Amazing.


The kids both used up all the veggies and had much prettier tacos, but of course I forgot to take pictures of them!  No worries.  Plenty more tacos to be had.  Onward for the cause!

1 comment:

mollyjade said...

Great-looking tacos! It's never too late to start taco cleansing.