10.02.2009

vegan mofo III, day 2






hi its me again. now for my next post. today im going to write about the wonderful Cafe Bamboo in New Orleans. I went there this summer when I was visiting my grandparents who live in slidell, la. We walked around the french quarter in circles, lost, for about for 4 miles but when we got there we new it was worth the walk. I ordered the red beans and rice with a side of french fries. my parents ordered the sol chicken dinner. The food was delicious. I was amazed at how fun it is to be able to choose whatever I wanted off the entire menu! I can't do that at any restaurants in my town!

above is a picture of us on our way to cafe bamboo.

peace!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to hear you enjoyed new orleans, shae!
xo
kittee

Jen Treehugger said...

I dream of a menu where I can order whatever I like off of it without worrying about whether I can eat it or not.
So glad you had a nice time. Gorgeous photo.
:)

Megan My Dear said...

There is a bakery in Pensylvania where everything is vegan and looks delicious. The first time I went there it took me forever to figure out what I wanted because I wasn't used to so many choices! Fun isn't it?

Shae said...

Megan--I really likedchoosing things off the menu!I want to go to that Bakery!!!!

Bex said...

being able to chose whatever you see on the menu makes the wandering all worth while doesn't it? I'm lucky enough to live near a vegan cafe but I need a bakery too. Can you come start one up and make more of that awesome looking cake?

veganf said...

Ah yes, I remember getting lost in New Orleans--even when it wasn't the height of Mardi Gras--with a baby in tow looking for a vegan restaurant. Fun times. Good food too.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rookie blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.