10.01.2009

Vegan MoFo III, day 1

today is the first day of Vegan MoFo,the vegan month of food.bloggers across the world are writing about vegan food every single day this month.I'm 10 years old and this is my first post.

today im going to write about if i were any food of my choice.i know CAKE!speaking of cake heres a picture of the cake i made for my mom and dads anniversary. it is delicious! my parents said it was the best cake they have ever eaten! if you want to see where the recipe came from keep reading.the chocolate cake is from la dolce vegan,my dad changed that recipe to create the vanilla cake recipe. and the peanut buttercream frosting is from isa & terry's book, vegan cupcakes take over the world. isa is my favorite cookbook author EVER!!!she knows her food!














heres a picture of my almost 1 year old brother trying to help me bake, but he wasn't really baking just throwing measuring cups at me. ha ha!
i made it entirely by my self.














back to my topic ,if i were cake i would eat myself before someone ate me because im not really sure about the sensation of being eaten. im sure all the animals agree with me! sorry folks this post is over for today, make sure to read tomorrows post. Shae out! peace to all animal lovers.

25 comments:

lemon said...

Whoa! Awesome looking cake, Shae!

Megan My Dear said...

awesome! can't wait to read more about your mofo Shae!

KitteeBee said...

if you ate yourself before someone else ate you, wouldn't you still feel the sensation? i think if you were a cake, then i would become a non cake eater to support your rights.

peace to you too shae,
xo
kittee

erin32mc said...

cake is a great way to start your month of veganmofo. go shae!!!

Susan said...

What a fantastic looking cake! I wish I was baking like that when I was 10.

Anonymous said...

That cake looks delicious! I think that's just about the only frosting I haven't tried from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Looking forward to seeing your MoFo posts!

Bex said...

true dat kittee!
But since cakes are not sentient beings (that we are aware of) we can go ahead and enjoy our delicious cake.
Shae that cake looks awesome. And with peanut butter frosting?!?! heaven!

Jen Treehugger said...

YUM! Wish I had a slice of that right now it looks absolutely delicious.
Happy MoFo'ing!
:)

(What does your T-shirt say on the bottom? Can't quite read it)

Veg-In-Training said...

Shae, you totally rock and so does your cake. Can't wait to see more.

B.A.D. said...

Yum! Shae that cake looks amazing, great work!

disabled account said...

@jeni, it says, "if you're not vegan you're gettin' crushed!" haha, cute!

happy mofo! that is a good lookin' cake!...i love isa too. ;)

Shae said...

thanks for all of the nice comments!

kittee- i didn't think of that! good thing i'm not cake,huh???

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

That's one beautiful looking cake!

KiKi said...

oh, bestest cake I have seen in a looooooong, long time!
Have to show my sons what deliciousness you created, - do you think it will inspire them ?

I hope so :)

Happy MoFo'ing, Shae!!!

Jen Treehugger said...

Ha ha - awesome T-shirt. Thanks Ginger.
:)

The Voracious Vegan said...

That cake looks DELICIOUS! It is really nice to see a smart and compassionate vegan kid, love your bog!

Anonymous said...

Great looking cake. It's so nice of you to make it for your parent's anniversary. They're lucky to have you around with your cake making talents. :)

Veronica said...

Man, I wish I was cake-baking at 10. I think at 10 I tried to bake bread by cooking together flour and cream cheese frosting in the oven.

Your cake looks totally delicious!

Alicia (Vegan Guinea Pig) said...

That cake looks delicious. Great use of multiple recipes blended into one perfect cake.

Mona said...

That cake looks awesome, Shae. Great job. :D

Anonymous said...

That's a great looking cake, Shae!

Alison Blue said...

Should the title of this blog be changed to "NINE..."?

Kelly said...

That is an awesome cake, Shae! I enjoyed reading all your blog posts.

Gooseneck Hitch said...

The cakes look adorable! Hope to have the same thing on my birthday.

Unknown said...

yum..this looks good..im gonna make something like this for my sis..she just gave me a juicy couture tracksuit last month,..love yah sis